Wednesday, December 02, 2020

The Feel It Advent-ure 2020: Door 2


Black Ivory is a group I had pretty much ignored for many years. Probably my blind spot had been created by a dislike for high register sweet soul in my youth. Dislike turned to appreciation quite a few years ago now though and, for example, The Delfonics then became a firm favourite of mine. However, Black Ivory somehow eluded my attention until very recently. I put that right this year and “filled my boots” with their 45s, most of which are as cheap as chips.

It is now 51 years since Black Ivory settled as a trio and, after a hiatus in the 80s and 90s, they are still performing. Quite some achievement. 

Black Ivory – Just Leave Me Some 1973

PS: I notice they actually had a single released on Buddah in 1975 called Feel It. That is one I don't have yet.


1 comment:

drew said...

I like that. New to me. Will need to investigate further