Wednesday, December 08, 2021

The Feel It Advent-ure 2021: Door 8


A recent charity shop pull tonight. Not a valuable record but a rare find inasmuch as I find hardly any reggae in chazzas beyond Ken Boothe and Judge Dread it seems. The label initially alerted me – Germain marked it out as reggae, but I wasn't sure how far back it went. Then I noticed the artist – Audrey Hall. I only knew her from 80s output and beyond, so then I wasn't expecting much as reggae output lost most of its appeal to me beyond about 1983. But it was only 49p so no need for procrastination.

Turns out the label was started by Donovon Germain in 1978, and Audrey Hall goes as far back as the 60s, starting out as a duo with Dandy Livingstone (every day's a school day!).

This single does date to the mid 80s – 1985 to be precise – the A side is pleasant enough but I am very taken by the B side. There are some pops and clicks but, hey it's a reggae single, of course there will be pops and clicks! 49p well spent, in any event.

Audrey Hall – Eight Little Notes 1985

No comments: