Friday, November 16, 2012

Reggae warm up



As promised here are a couple from the batch of reggae 45s I managed to grab on a cold morning last Sunday at a local boot, I say "managed" because my fingers weren’t working very well due to the cold. I actually suffer from Raynaud’s which can make riffling through records difficult on cold mornings (my fingers go white but not blue which would look really scary).

I can offer nothing at all in terms of background to these records beyond the fact that I like them and hope you do too.



The Sunshot 45 is a bit quirky – the K Poppins sticker is covering up another title and the label on the other side quotes Linval Thompson Jah Jah Reder Than Red (actually what attracted me to it), but the grooves contain Keith Poppin and a Version. The vinyl is also incredibly thin to the point that it almost feels like a flexi disc! I think this is a reissue.

After these by way of a sweet and mellow warm up I’m off to the local pub to jump on the Ska Train.


1 comment:

George said...

from yesterday, I am insanely jealous of your little local record fair of rockabilly and early R&B. Nothing like that here on the Black Country. If there is, let me know! Been here for 16 years...