Sunday, May 17, 2020

Tapping My Feet #19


Mrs Darce is thankfully almost fully recovered from what we assume was a dose of this dreaded virus. She was wiped out for three weeks and says it was the most ill she has ever felt. She has managed a few walks over the last few days, but is still pretty pooped afterwards. As I mentioned here (twelve days ago now) I also wasn't feeling too good. Fortunately my symptoms didn't develop and after four days I was feeling OK again and have been since. I did manage to get a test in the end, although by the time I took it (a week ago now) it was six days after I had first shown symptoms and I was back to feeling fine. I did test positive though. So I think we can safely assume Mrs Darce was also positive, and I would appear to have got off very lightly. I would like to think we now have some immunity, but you just don't know.

The cataloguing of my 12” singles collection is now complete (at least until I buy another one!). 45 Worlds tells me I have 411 of them. I finished this task a few days ago and I am missing it already. I shouldn't need a reason to interact with the various nooks and crannies of my record collection but somehow that was the way it was with my 12s. Lots of memories were stirred and it was great to be immersed in so much feel good music. It has always annoyed me that bandwagon jumpers gave Disco a bad name. There was so much great music that came out of the Disco era, tightly produced, beautifully arranged. And it was uplifting, carefree, joyous, celebratory music - and we could certainly do with some now in these strange times. Dance your troubles away.

The cataloguing exercise has confirmed something I already knew - I bought a lot of 12” singles, particularly in 1979 and 1980. Here's one...




No comments: